In addition to 1 x 400g bag, you will receive:
- The equivalent to 5 cups of coffee (you pay for 400g and will receive 440g)
- 100g sample bag of Coffee Gems new releases.
- FREE Delivery in a box pack
- FREE Coffee Drink in any location where Coffee Gems is selling drinks (Farmers Markets, Shows, Premises)
Flavour: Grapefruit, lime, tropical fruits - creamy and sweet.
The coffee is wet processed, where the fully ripe cherries are:
- Fermented for 12 - 48 hours (depending on climatic conditions)
- Washed and graded in clean water channels
- Dried slowly over 2 - 3 weeks on raised African beds until the moisture content is reduced to 10-12%.
The coffee is then processed to Sasini dry mill (on the same site) where it is rested in parchment for 3 weeks before being hulled, cleaned and graded by bean size. Finally, the coffee is carefully handpicked before being bagged in GrainPro for export.
Ichamara wetmill is part of Gikaru Farmers’ Co-operative Society Limited, one of a number of washing stations or “factories” that form the co-op group based in the heartland of Kukuyu territory, Nyeri. The mill processes an average of 110,000kg of clean green coffee per year sourced from small holder farmers in the local region. The factory was founded in 1972 and processes conventional varietals such as SL28, SL34, Batian and Ruiru 11.
The Region of Ichamara is a village in Kenyas central province located between the towns of Karatina and Othaya in Nyeri County. Nyeri has cool temperatures and fertile central highlands, lying between the Eastern base of the Aberdare (Nyandarua) Range, which forms part of the Eastern end of the Great Rift Valley, and the Western slopes of Mt. Kenya. Nyeri town (county headquarters) acts as a destination for those visiting Aberdare National Park and Mt. Kenya.
The combination of fertile soil, seasonal rainfall and high altitude provide the ideal climate for coffees characterised by high acidity, full body and ripe fruit flavours. Most coffees from Nyeri develop and mature slowly producing extra hard beans. This quality is also evident in the cup.
- Normally all our coffee is packed in 200g, 500g or 1kg foil-lined and valved bags, however for subscription coffee we use 400g bags only.
- All our coffees are roasted to order so we require at least one working day before we can dispatch your order.
- Delivery charge for Subscription Product is FREE
- Standard delivery is charged at £2 per order (mainland UK)
For all orders over £20 (before delivery) delivery is FREE