In addition to 1 x 400g bag, you will receive:
- The equivalent to 5 cups of coffee (you pay for 400g and will receive 440g)
- 100g sample bag of Coffee Gems new releases.
- FREE Delivery in a box pack
- FREE Coffee Drink in any location where Coffee Gems is selling drinks (Farmers Markets, Shows, Premises)
Flavour:Stone fruits including Peach and Plum with Blackberry, Black Tea and Parma Violets
Quality Score: 87.5
The local indigenous ‘heir-loom’ varietals - which grow wild in Ethiopia - are responsible for the unique flavour notes which make for an unusual but refined cup. When processed naturally through sun-drying these present with juicy and jammy stone-fruit flavours, floral and chocolate notes with a creamy body.
The ‘Kebele’ of Debo is in Kochere district near Yirgacheffe, Gedeo Zone in the ‘Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ (SNNP) region of Ethiopia. Over a number of years the region has developed a distinguised reputation for fine coffees, producing some of the most sought-after microlots in world. The combination of high altitude (up to 2,200m in some areas), fertile soil, consistent and plentiful rains, and an abundance of local knowledge are all contributing factors to the high status of Yirgacheffe coffees.
Shade grown, ripe cherries are delivered to the mill for careful sorting, to select only the ripest. The cherries are dried in the sun on raised African beds for approximately 12 - 15 days. In the daytime they are raked and turned periodically to ensure a consistent drying process; covered between 12pm and 3pm to protect them from sun damage and at night time to protect it from rainfall and moisture. Once the coffee has dried to the right level it is milled, graded, sorted and thoroughly handpicked, before being bagged in GrainPro for export from the port of Djibouti.
The mill itself, Debo is managed by Assefa Eshete and it has around 650 member farms extended in a total area of 1,300 hectares.
Growing altitude is between 1,900 - 2,000 meters and varietal is Indigenous heirloom. Soil is fertile, red brown, well drained and 1.5m depth.
- Normally all our coffee is packed in 200g, 500g or 1kg foil-lined and valved bags, however for subscription coffee we use 400g bags only.
- All our coffees are roasted to order so we require at least one working day before we can dispatch your order.
- Delivery charge for Subscription Product is FREE
- Standard delivery is charged at £2 per order (mainland UK)
For all orders over £20 (before delivery) delivery is FREE