In addition to 1 x 400g bag, you will receive:
- 80g sample bag of Coffee Gems new releases.
- FREE Delivery in a box pack
- FREE Coffee Drink in any location where Coffee Gems is selling drinks (Farmers Markets, Shows, Premises)
Fragrance/Aroma: Nutty with hints of Cinnamon, Blackberries
Aftertaste: Prolonged, clean lingering finish
Body: Full body
Balance: Well balanced
Notes: Sweetness of chocolate, panela, yellow fruit
Quality Score: 85
La Perla Negra coffee, or “The Black Pearl” is a blend of coffees produced in the mountains of Chiquimula and Zacapa. They are blended together as these coffees have similar profiles and characteristics.
The department of Chiquimula is coloquially known as La Perla de Oriente due to its beautiful landscapes and architecture as well as the beauty of the people who live there.
Chiquimula is known for being the cradle of art and artists as many of Guatemala’s best poets, writers, singers, musicians come from there.
Esquipulas is a municipality located inside this department and is known for its Black Christ, a wooden image of Christ now housed in the Cathedral Basilica of Esquipulas. For this reason, this coffee is named Perla Negra..
- All our coffee is packed in 200g, 500g or 1kg foil-lined and valved bags
- All our coffees are roasted to order so we require at least one working day before we can dispatch your order.
- Standard delivery is charged at £2 per order (mainland UK)
For all orders over £20 (before delivery)